Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chocolate and banana goodness...

Baking is one of the things that calms me and I find myself at peace when doing, so after stressful days or events, I enjoy baking. Having had some bananas around that needed to be used or tossed, I decided good time for banana bread since the more ripe they are the better for baking. Well, banana bread just seemed too boring. I needed to try something a little different - thus stumbling upon chocolate chip banana bread. They taste better and smell better than you can imagine! So all my ingredients are set out, my laptop is set up in the kitchen so I can keep track of the recipe, Pandora playing my mix of music (Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughn...you get the picture) and Facebook because I have to take pictures to share in through the process to entice and tease my friends and family ; ). Ohh yes - a nice glass of red wine always helps with the relaxing and unwinding of a long day. I swear today felt as if it should have been Friday not Wednesday.

So the ingredients:
1 1/2 stick softened butter
2 large eggs
1 ripe banana (I added an extra half because I like the extra flavor)
1 tsp vanilla (I always add extra vanilla - I find its adds to the moistness of the cake or cookie)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

additional ingredients:
1 cup crushed nuts of your choice - my son doesn't do nuts so most of mine have to go without
1 cup raisins
or anything else to make it your own!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Mix the butter, eggs, banana and vanilla together
Mix brown sugar, flour, baking soda and salt together than add to the banana and egg mixture, mixing well.
Add chocolate chips.


You can be patient and chill the mixture so its not too sticky in the freezer for half an hour or so, OR you can just use a spoon and enjoy the messiness as you add spoonfuls onto your cookie pan 2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes, then let cool.


Absolutely delicious!! Your kitchen, home, apartment will smell like banana heaven for awhile! Enjoy!!!

No comments: