Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chicken taco soup

I took ideas from a several different recipes and made it to something I thought I'd like - a few interesting ingredients which gives it a interesting but great taste! If it wasn't for Taylor I'd like to make it a little spicier. 

1 Rotisserie chicken - pull of small bits adding as much as you want
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes 
1 med onion, diced 
3/4 can chopped black olives (Taylor ate the other 1/4 of the can)
1 packet of Ranch seasoning mix 
1 12 oz beer (used Bud Light, next time I will use a Mexican beer for more taste)
Taco seasoning or taco sauce 
Salsa - I added about a cup 

Mix all together and let it simmer for 15-20 mins over low heat.

Top with shredded cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips. 


No comments: