Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chocolate chai latte cookies

I cannot remember how I stumbled along these delicious things but once I saw them and read the ingredients I knew I had to try them and if they were as good as they looked, they were going to be part of my holiday baking for my son's teachers. Well, they were fantastic! A day later they are just as good. I wasn't too sure about the cinnamon glaze that went along with it but after trying it I am SOOO glad I did as it just adds to the cookie making it even more delectable! 


Ingredients:
Cookies 
1 box of chocolate cake mix
3 tbs of chai latte drink mix 
1/2 cup butter, softened 
3 tbs milk
1 cup chocolate chips 


Glaze:
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
5-7 tsp water (add more if you desire a different consistency of the glaze) 


Directions: 
Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all cookie ingredients except chocolate chips in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.





Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until tops are set and cracked. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.









Combine all drizzle ingredients except water in small bowl. Add enough water for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Store between sheets of waxed paper in container with tight-fitting lid.





Finished cookies with cinnamon glaze

No comments: