Monday, December 13, 2010

Peanut butter cheesecake brownies- even more divine than it sounds!!

I found these wonderful bits of goodness when trying to come up with something to make for a good friend's birthday. His girlfriend told me his favorites included cheesecake and anything peanut butter. Didn't want to just do basic peanut butter cookies- just way too simple so I had to search for something different and new. That is when I stumbled upon a peanut butter cheesecake and the idea to insert that goodness inside of a brownie! I love peanut butter, I love cheesecake- the combo baked inside a brownie is absolutely AMAZING!!! The peanut butter cheesecake alone is heaven!! 

What you need: 

1 pkg. (19 to 21 oz.) brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
1 pkg.  (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1   egg
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp.  vanilla

* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
* Prepare brownie batter as directed on the package. 
* Spoon into 20 paper-lined muffin cups.
* Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, peanut butter and vanilla with mixer until blended. 
* Spoon 1  rounded Tbsp. into center of batter in each cup, pressing down slightly into batter.
* Bake 30 min. or until centers are set. Cool.



Top with whipped cream and a cherry - or a
cream cheese icing which I am thinking of trying
next time. You can find the recipe for that icing
on my red velvet cookies. 


1 comment:

Colli said...

I can't wait to try some of these recipes out! Thank you SO much for posting them!